That, pursuant to Ministerial Order No. M192, the attendance of the public at Town of Ladysmith Council and Committee meetings cannot be accommodated in accordance with the applicable requirements or recommendations under the Public Health Act, because the Council Chamber does not allow for appropriate physical distancing between Council, staff and the public in attendance; and there are no other Town facilities presently available that will allow physical attendance of the public without compromising the options of attending the meeting electronically via Zoom and viewing the meeting via livestream on YouTube; and
That the Town of Ladysmith is ensuring openness, transparency, accessibility and accountability for meetings by:
1. allowing the public to hear and see the proceedings by electronic means;
2. allowing the public to submit input on agenda items by email;
3. providing notice of the meeting;
4. making the meeting agenda, as well as all other relevant documents, available on the Town website;
5. providing email notification of publication of agendas to subscribers;
6. archiving meeting video for future viewing by members of the public; and
7. continuing to investigate options to facilitate public participation.
Therefore, be it resolved that Council and Committee meetings be held electronically and in the absence of the public in accordance with Ministerial Order M192, for the duration of the Provincial Health Officer’s Order on Mass Gathering Events and the Provincial State of Emergency made March 18, 2020 and any extension of that declaration in effect.