Items from the Closed Meeting of Council held November 17, 2020
That Council approve the inclusion of a track and train inside the Machine Shop.
That Council confirm Council's previous endorsement of "Option 2", Tenant Layout 2 (Appendix B, March 11, 2019 report to Council) under Resolution CS 2019-095 as follows:
- Prepare draft lease agreements for all spaces within the Machine Shop;
- Prepare draft lease agreements for outer buildings and present to Council for consideration; and
- Direct staff to communicate the Tenant Layout Option 2 and Council’s direction to stakeholders, allowing staff to negotiate the specific details of grids L - U of Sections 2 and 3 on the main floor and grids J - P of Section 1 and 2 on the second floor.
That Council endorse the following lease structure and rate program, for all existing and proposed buildings on the site with the exception of the artist studio(s) that are included in the Arts and Heritage Hub:
- Market lease rates plus utilities for commercial tenants;
- Nominal lease rates plus utilities for not-for-profit tenants; and
- Subletting subject to the Town’s written approval.
That Council direct staff to bring forward, for Council’s formal consideration in an open meeting:
- The final version of the Arts & Heritage Hub Concept Report (Appendix C, page 12) prepared by Hotson Architecture; and
- A report on the portions of phase one of the Arts & Heritage Hub that are ineligible for ICIP and ICET funding and must either be paid for by the Town or postponed.
That Council direct staff to arrange with John Marston and the Stz’uminus First Nation to work with the selected design firm to incorporate indigenous themes into the proposed artist studio building.
That Council direct staff to prepare terms of reference for a stakeholder committee to assist the selected design firm with designing the next phase of the Arts & Heritage Hub, excluding the proposed artist studio building, consisting of representation from:
- The Stz’uminus First Nation;
- John Marston;
- The Arts Council of Ladysmith and District;
- The Ladysmith and District Historical Society;
- The Ladysmith Maritime Society; and
- Existing and prospective tenants.